Machine embroidery portal
Machine embroidery creates stitch patterns on textiles with an embroidery machine. Its modern form - computerized embroidery - is a kind of Computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and it has a lot in common with laser cutting and 3D printing.
This wiki includes (1) basic principles including a discussion of software and hardware, (2) technical principles for engineers and developers (file formats in particular), and (3) software tutorials. All articles are indexed in the computerized embroidery category.
Introduction to machine embroidery
- Computerized embroidery (introduction)
- Embroidery software
- Embroidery glossary
- Concepts of computerized embroidery (to be split)
- Hooping and stabilizing in computerized embroidery
- Embroidery patch
- Computerized embroidery in education
- Conference embroidery
Workshopsk, talks and events
- Machine embroidery in education workshop (EdMedia2019)
- Evénements CFAO (in french)
- Digital embroidery to teach ICT skills (AECT 2019)
Machine embroidery hardware
Technical principles of machine embroidery
Machine embroidery software introductions and tutorials
- Stitch Era tutorials, a series for tutorials (a few hundred pages) for the Stitch Era embroidery software. Since fall 2017, there is a better french version
- InkStitch, a series of tutorials for the Ink/Stitch embroidery digitizing platform based entirely on free, open source software.
- Turtlestitch, create embroidery with turtle graphics using the Snap! language.
- Pocket Code, create embroidery with turtle graphics using the Catrobat visual programming language, directly on a smartphone (without PC, laptop, or tablet).
|Is part of syllabus||Machine embroidery +|
|Last important modification||July 18, 2018 +|
|Objective||Use various machine embroidery modules on this wiki + and basic principles +|
|See also||Computerized embroidery +, Embroidery machine +, Embroidery format +, Stitch Era tutorials + and InkStitch +|
|Status||to finalize +|