User:Daniel K. Schneider
1 About myself
Daniel K. Schneider was a former associate professor at TECFA, a research and teaching unit in the faculty of psychology and education, University of Geneva. Holding a PhD in political science, he has been working in educational technology since 1988 and participated in various innovative pedagogical and technological projects. He has been a prime mover towards the introduction of creative pedagogical strategies and ICT technologies. His long-term R&D interests focus on modular, flexible and open Internet architectures supporting rich and effective educational designs. His current interests include digital design and fabrication (e.g. 3D printing), collective intelligence, student monitoring/learning process analytics, e-learning competency and learning with technology in informal settings (e.g. citizen science). Within TECFA's "blended" master program in educational technology (MALTT), he taught educational information & communication systems, foundations of educational technology, "making", and research methodology. He retired in July 31 2020, but continues working as a consultant.
I am the initiator and coordinator of this wiki and will continue this work after my retirement (July 2020).
2 Very short resume
- PhD in political science • June 26 1995
- Various jobs (assistant, systems engineer, lecturer) • 1978 - 2003
- Senior lecturer in educational technology • September 2003 - July 2014
- Associate professor in educational technology • August 2014 - July 2020
3 Getting in touch / other landing pages
- E-mail: Daniel.Schneider at unige.ch (E.g. if you have questions about the why and what of this Wiki)
- My "classic" HTML Home Page (changed about every 10 years)
- Until spring semester 2020: Classes in educational technology (Master of Science in Learning and Teaching technologies, MALTT in french): Cours STIC: STIC I - STIC II - STIC III - STIC IV, BASES, Méthodes. STIC I and STIC II focused on developing ICT skills for future educational technologists and STIC III/IV on "making".
- Classes taught in English: I taught 1-2 two classes per year at Webster University, Geneva. See Courses and workshops, but Webster somehow "let me go".
- Continuous training: CAS - Conception et développement de projets e-learning (direction until 7/2020, University of Geneva), Ecole d'été MIRRTICE (co-direction), Master Acredite (co-direction until 2015)
5 Writing, talks, plans, supervising
- List of writings (not complete). See also what web sites like Research Gate collect.
- List of MA and PhD thesis I supervised
- List of conference talks (slides)
- Activity plan
<!- * Blog:DKS, my wikilog -->