1 COAP 2170 Week 8 program
- Term project presentations
- Each student should present his/her term project (at least a prototype/draft). The final version is due on Friday.
- Make sure to prepare a presentable format (i.e. your file must be "readable" on the teacher's machine)
- Emotional design
- Video by Don Norman: Don Norman: The three ways that good design makes you happy TED talk, 8 min
- See Design and emotion for some further reading
- Short review of most important issues, in particular Design and usability methods and techniques
- the Kansei method (if time left)
- Kansei Engineering- An Introduction (YouTube)
- Kanseiengineering (Wikipedia
- Design for Emotion and Flow
- List of exam topics etc.
- Homework situation
- Final remarks & homework
- Last submission date for hw is Friday week 8. Term project is also due on Friday.
- Check your gradebook please. If you think that a homework is missing, talk to me (you probably have to upload it to the worldclassroom again, e.g. when I can't read a file I return it to you)
- Final grade = 50% hw + term project + 10% hw on time + 30% exams + 10 % presence and participation
- Grading of exam and late homework ... probably by start of week 9.
- Course evaluation
- Fill in the questionnaire please
- Final exam (80 minutes)
- The exam will be "open book" and "open Internet" like the mid-term
- Make sure to read important teaching materials (reading list)
- Overall design process, global user experience "pictures" and overview of usability methods
- Usability guidelines (including home and landing page optimization)
- Task-based usability testing
- User satisfaction tests
- User experience/perception surveys (including semantic differentials)
- Personas and scenarios
- Task analysis
- Prototyping with wireframes
- Accessibility guidelines and testing with analysis tools