Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
An STL editor can
- repair STL files, e.g. fill holes, repair flipped triangles, bad edges, etc.
- Merge STL files
- Create STL files from other formats
- Do some simple constructions, e.g. subtractive geometry or adding simple parts.
STL files are used in 3D printing.
- STL specific
- Netfabb Studio (free) and Netfabb Pro (expensive). Netfabb was the first easy to use commercial product.
- Magics from Materialise
- Meshmixer. A free tool from Autodesk for meshmixing, sculpting and support generation. If your slicer cannot produce a good support structure, try this. Also useful to eliminate useless internal structures. I also includes a sculpting tool.
- All-in-one tools
- Other tools that could be useful
- Meshlab (see the Meshlab for RapMan tutorial)