1 COAP 3120 Week 6 program
Administration / grading
- Mid-term feedback
- The students who uploaded to homework 3 (web site/zip file version) should upload their report to hw3 (alt) sorry. Otherwise you should have provide a link to the report.
- Specific layout items: e.g. Menu buttons
Playing with absolute and fixed positioning.
(1) Create a quick sketch of page on paper
(2) Start implementing it
- http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/css/ex/artistic/landing-page-absolute-fixed-elements.html (simple)
- landing-page-absolute-fixed-bg-pictures.html (includes bg pictures)
- Project 6 continued
- Some more CSS: vertical alignment and pseudo-tags for links.
1.2.1 Homework 6
(1) Create an HTML landing page that is non "standard"
- Position various elements on the page using absolute positions
- Include a fixed (scrolling) element
(2) A short report describing and discussing your design
- Create a single HTML page that could serve as landing page (e.g. a home page or a topic entry page)
- Include elements that are absolutly positioned with respect to a "main" container.
- Include at least one fixed element
- Be creative
The short report:
- It should shortly explain your design, e.g. what you aimed to achieve for all media !
- It should include references/sources used. Be careful to respect general Webster rules about plagiarism.
- It should shortly explain what you did in your CSS.
- It should point out problems you encountered.
- You can use any format for the report (e.g. HTML, PDF or Word).
- Wednesday week 7 before class
- Upload (a) the HTML file, (b) the CSS file(s), (c) all the picture files and (d) the report to the world classroom (hw 1). Creating a *.zip file of everything is the easiest solution.
- Make sure that the upload worked (e.g. don't forget to hit the submit button)
- Requirements (presence of CSS elements) - 20%
- Visual design / originality - 30%
- Usability - 10% (is the text readable ?)
- Technical quality (CSS structure and documentation, valid HTML and CSS) - 20%
- Presence and quality of the report - 10%
- On time - 10 % (only 2 days late = 5%)
- Textbook, chapters 11 (Positioning) and 13 (Create a complete Layout)
- CSS positioning tutorial