1 COAP 3120 Week 1 program
The work environment
- The World Classroom (you need your connections login, ask the librarian for help)
- Software (see the main page)
Tell us what kind of page you like
- Find a page you like and tell us what you like. If you can't find any, have a look at http://www.csszengarden.com/
- In case you already are familiar with CSS, tell what you would like to learn.
Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Hands-on introduction to HTML and CSS using the Komposer software
- Using the Code burner extensions
- Chapter 1, Introducing Cascading Style Sheets
- Chapter 2, The Bits that make up a Style Sheet
- CSS_tutorial (short and dense text I wrote)
- http://reference.sitepoint.com/ (same as code burner)
1.2 Wednesday (canceled)
- This lesson is canceled (Instructor absent). See you on Monday week 2.
1.3 Homework week 1
None. However, students who never did any HTML should try to catch up a little with HTML.
Read one of (your choice)
- Dave Ragett's Introduction to HTML
- HTML and XHTML elements and attributes
- XHTML Tutorial (W3C schools)
- Try to create an HTML page with composer and look at the source code. Make a few modification to the HTML code and see what happens.