This article or section is incomplete and its contents need further attention. Some sections may be missing, some information may be wrong, spelling and grammar may have to be improved etc. Use your judgment!
- ADDIE = Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation"
- ADDIE = Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate"
Although one may call a component a phase, the five components of ADDIE are not necessarily linear, you may have to come back to any one at any given time.
- Defition of the audience
- What is the problem?
- Tasks and Learning needs analysis
- Identification of constraints
- Analyse subject matter in depth
- Identify objective, i.e. competencies (skills, knowledge, attitudes, etc.) to be achieved. See learning types.
- Identify a sequence to meet these objectives
- Create learning scenarios for each subject objective
- Identify kinds of learning materials and tools needed
- do it :)
- use it
- You may have to train both teachers and learners
- Insure delivery, e.g. through an LMS, a book, CD Rom,
- Evaluate the design. See Design methodology.
- Build measurement tools, monitor implementation, and evaluate measurements to baseline. This phase is performed throughout the entire process.
ADDIE is both a component and a phase model as shown by the Nicolas Tsapatsoulis' drawing:
- http://ed.isu.edu/addie/ (nice "how to" summary, commented pointers to other sites)
- http://www.intulogy.com/addie/index.html Good introductory Handbook
- http://www.intulogy.com/addie/ADDIE-Flowchart-by-Intulogy.pdf A nice ADDIE Flowchart.
- http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~nicolast/courses/cs654/lectures/cs654l09.pdf Nicolas Tsapatsoulis lecture notes (retrieved 18:30, 19 May 2006 (MEST))
- A definition of the ADDIE Model.
- Donald Clark (2000), Introduction to Instructional System Design, web site. Recommended on-line introductory handbook.
- Bentley, Joanne (2005, October 10). OER IID - Intro to Instructional Design, Spring 2005, Lecture Notes. Retrieved August 06, 2009, from Free Online Course Materials — USU OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.usu.edu/Other_Educational_Resources/Intro_to_Instructional_Design/resource94.html.