From EduTech Wiki
- ADDIE = Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation"
- ADDIE = Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate"
Although one may call a component a phase, the five components of ADDIE are not necessarily linear, you may have to come back to any one at any given time.
2.1 Analysis Phase
- Defition of the audience
- What is the problem?
- Tasks and Learning needs analysis
- Identification of constraints
2.2 Design Phase
- Analyse subject matter in depth
- Identify objective, i.e. competencies (skills, knowledge, attitudes, etc.) to be achieved. See learning types.
- Identify a sequence to meet these objectives
- Create learning scenarios for each subject objective
- Identify kinds of learning materials and tools needed
2.3 Development Phase
- do it :)
2.4 Implementation Phase
- use it
- You may have to train both teachers and learners
- Insure delivery, e.g. through an LMS, a book, CD Rom,
2.5 Evaluation Phase
- Evaluate the design. See Design methodology.
- Build measurement tools, monitor implementation, and evaluate measurements to baseline. This phase is performed throughout the entire process.
ADDIE is both a component and a phase model as shown by the Nicolas Tsapatsoulis' drawing:
- http://ed.isu.edu/addie/ (nice "how to" summary, commented pointers to other sites)
- http://www.intulogy.com/addie/index.html Good introductory Handbook
- http://www.intulogy.com/addie/ADDIE-Flowchart-by-Intulogy.pdf A nice ADDIE Flowchart.
- http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~nicolast/courses/cs654/lectures/cs654l09.pdf Nicolas Tsapatsoulis lecture notes (retrieved 18:30, 19 May 2006 (MEST))
- A definition of the ADDIE Model.
- Donald Clark (2000), Introduction to Instructional System Design, web site. Recommended on-line introductory handbook.
- Bentley, Joanne (2005, October 10). OER IID - Intro to Instructional Design, Spring 2005, Lecture Notes. Retrieved August 06, 2009, from Free Online Course Materials — USU OpenCourseWare Web site: http://ocw.usu.edu/Other_Educational_Resources/Intro_to_Instructional_Design/resource94.html.