- WIPPEA is a lesson planning method.
- The acronym WIPPEA represents the first letter of each stage in the lesson planning model: Warm-up, Introduction, Presentation, Practice, Evaluation, Application.
2 The design method
According to Writing lesson plans, the desing principles are the following.
Each learning concept builds on the previous one
- This becomes the instructional roadmap for teachers
Teachers plan lessons with the result in mind, according to the backwards design method. Teachers defines:
- The lesson's objective
- The evaluation of mastery of the objective. E.g. he asks himself “ How will I expect students to demonstrate understanding or mastery of this objective? What type of evaluation activity will best assess students' ability to learn and apply their new knowledge?”
Then, the teachers designs the lesson activities according to the WIPPEA stages:
- Evaluation, Application
- Writing lesson plans from OTAN Online Lesson Plan Builder for adult educators