This is a page with external links for PHP.
Warning: Most of these links are old - Have to update - Daniel K. Schneider 16:36, 13 September 2007 (MEST)
- Manuals at the official PHP site. This is your best bet !
- Manuals at the official PHP site (france mirror)
- Manuals at the official PHP site (germany mirror)
- LOCAL COPY of the 5.x manual (April 2005).
- LOCAL COPY of the 4.3.x manual (March 2004).
- LOCAL COPY of the 4.3.x manual in ONE gzipped File (1.4MB!, March 2004).
- COPIE LOCALE du manuel franï¿½ais PhP 5.x (Mars 2005)
- COPIE LOCALE du manuel franï¿½ais PhP 4 (Mars 2003)
Introductory tutorials in English
(there are many more, see the major php and webmaster's sites.)
- An Introduction to PHP by L. Atkinson and Z. Suraski, webreference sept. 2003. Good history / propaganda text.
- PHP5: Coming Soon to a Webserver Near You by Harry Fuecks, July 28th, 2003
- The see PhP series at www.devshed.com, e.g.
- phpbuilder.com series
- PHP - Webreference.com Various tutorial articles
- W3Schools PHP Tutorials.
Tutoriels en français
- Tutoriel de Christophe Lauer
- "http://lignes.ringard.org/linux/php.html" (lien mort) Introduction aux pages web actives avec PHP et MySQL par Olivier Martineau
- Serie de tutoriels sur phpfrance
- TECFA Slides: Regardez ici sous PHP Trail
There are many and I can't keep track.
- Lea Chris , Choi Wankyu , Allan Kent, Ganesh Prasad, Chris Ullman (2000), Beginning PHP4, Wrox Press Inc; ISBN 186100373
Needs some more
- The Soothingly Seamless Setup of Apache, SSL, MySQL, and PHP (@ devshed)
- Installation serveur Apache-PHP-Mysql (Tecfa Slides, OUTDATED for php4 only ?)
- Pull parsing XML in PHP by Elliotte Rusty Harold, IBM developper works article, 30 jan 2007.
- Fundamentals of PHP Superglobals (PHPBuilder, 2005)
- Tutorial Character encoding. A short and good tutorial on how to code for UTF-8 (not as easy as it sounds, since there are several things/layers to think about [12/2006]
- PHP-GTK. PHP-GTK is an extension for the PHP programming language that implements language bindings for GTK . It provides an object-oriented interface to GTK classes and functions and greatly simplifies writing client-side cross-platform GUI applications. (Site has additional links to tutorials, examples, etc.). See also a PhpBuilder article (9/2004)
- Manage your content with PhP, by Chistopher Robbins, A List Apart, 2002
- XML in PHP 5 - What's News ? By Christian Stocker. March 18, 2004. Good introduction to SAX, DOM, Xpath and XSLT with php 5.
- Einführung von XML mittels SimpleXML und DOM, at tutorials.de by
- PHP 5 Meets XML and the DOM PHP Magazine - International Edition Issue: 02.2004 - not very usefull because code listings are missing.
- XML in PHP5 also by Christian Stocker, Mai 2004, Many slides from the php-conference 2004. Very good for people who like to work best with examples.
- PHP and XML Introduction at TopXML
- The XML C library for Gnome qives some infos about the "dom" package of PHP 4.x (OUTDATED for PHP 5)
- Parsing XML with PHP (OUTDATED for PHP 5)
- DOM XML: An Alternative to Expat (OUTDATED for PHP 5)
- Interfacing with Java from PHP
- Templates the PHP Way by David Orr, PHPBuiler
- PHPLib Templates, by Benjamin D. Smith, DevShed
- PHP and Regular Expressions 101, tutorial @ webreference
- Beginning Ajax with PHP: From Novice to Professional. A tutorial by Lee Babin (2006).
- XML enabled applications (Webreference, 2007).
- PHP - Secure coding (LXF Wiki Area)
- What PHP Deployment Gets Right (Blog entry, 2008)
- PHP downloads Source code, PHP versions, logos and documentation to download.
- PhPEdit, a full featured IDE for Windows
- PhPXRef a Perl script that makes crossreferences and extracts documentation from php code. Useful !
Development and application frameworks
(this should be expanded)
- Zend framework
- Introductory tutorial for the Zend framework
- Code Igniter - OpenSource
- Roberto's links
- Local Example Directory
- See Portalware. Many portals have been written in PhP, e.g. postnuke, nuke, drupal, geeklog, phpweblog, phpwebsite
- phpHoo a Yahoo like directory with PHP
Libraries and other tools
- HotScripts.com. Large collection of libraries and applications.
- Phpclasses.org. Large and useful collection of classes ! (requires registration, optional mailing list)
- The PhP resource Index
- Berber's WebDev Site large collection, including hints for programmers
- PHP Code Exchange site. Good collection
- XML-RPC Client
- phpHtmlLib, A set of PHP classes and library functions to help facilitate building, debugging, and rendering of XML, HTML, XHTML, WAP/WML Documents, and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) images as well as complex html 'widgets'.
- DevShed's PHP resources.
For more see the INDEX at www.php.net
- PhP HUB, news, tutorials, articles, (new 2003)
- PHP-Center ( German Site in German )
- PHP classes repository (one of the most useful sites for finding reusable code)
- PHP - at Web Developper's Virtual Library (wdvl)
(pas vraiment testés)
- La passerelle française des Technologies PHP
- phpinfo.net: Site d'information PhP/MySQL
- PHP France
- PhP facile