Online community manager
An online community manager also known as moderator or sysops in the [[Bulletin Board System BBS]s of pre-Internet days keeps various forms of virtual communities going through various means, i.e. s/he has a pivotal role in community building.
- Short introductions and definitions
- Online community manager (Wikipedia)
- The Four Tenets of the Community Manager by Jeremiah Owyang, 2007.
- community manager, Financial Times Lexicon.
- Defining community management - a starting point by Matt Rhodes, Jan 2009.
- Blog posts and similar
- Two blog posts by Connie Bensen (2008): Community Manager Job Description and Community Manager Responsibilities
- What Defines a Community Manager? by Rachel Happe on June 9, 2009, the community roundtable.
- 8 Too Many Responsibilities of a Community Manager by David Spinks, 2010.
- Courses and syllabi
- MIS 300 Managing Online Communities course at the University of Arizona
- Mailing lists, Forums and similar
- e-Mint: the Association of Online Community Managers
- Community Manager Room (FriendFeed)
- Online Community Managers Group (Facebook)
- Community Manager, Advocate, and Evangelist (Facebook)
- Online Community Manager (LinkedIn)
- Anklam, Patti (2007). Net Work. Elsevier. ISBN 978-0-7506-8297-8.
- Rosenkranz, C., Feddersen, C. (2010). Managing viable virtual communities: an exploratory case study and explanatory model. International Journal of Web Based Communities. Volume 6, Number 1: 5-14. http://inderscience.metapress.com/link.asp?id=j2888h3537761355