“Multimedia is the use of several different media (e.g. text, audio, graphics, animation, video, and interactivity) to convey information. Multimedia also refers to the use of computer technology to create, store, and experience multimedia content. Multimedia is also a pleonasm as media is the plural of medium, hence it is a double plural.” (from the Wikipedia: Multimedia article)
- (Multimedia) hypertext
- Computer games
- Computer graphics
- Concept maps
- Interactive multimedia
- Multimedia animation
- Multimedia presentations
- Video streaming, multimedia container format, Codec
- Wikipedia:Educational animation - This is a good article by people who seem to understand the issues.
- Wikipedia:Computer Graphics
- Multimedia Wiki - Technical information
(to be moved to more specialized articles ....)
- Lowe, R.K. (2004). Interrogation of a dynamic visualization during learning. Learning and Instruction, 14, 257-274.
- Mayer, R.E., & Moreno, R. (2002). Animation as an aid to multimedia learning. Educational Psychology Review, 14, 87-99.
- Stempler, Luann K. (1997), Educational Characteristics of Multimedia: A Literature Review, Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (1997) 6(3/4), 339-359. PDF
- Tversky, B., Morrison, J. B., & Bétrancourt M. (2002). Animation: Can it facilitate? International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 57, 247-262.