From EduTech Wiki
This wiki may be used as an initial source for literature reviews. Therefore we include a few links.
- Citation (information about formats)
- Reference manager (information about tools to manage your references)
- Citation index (information about tools to follow up trails of citation and that often also provide reference management functionality)
- note taking (may give you ideas for note taking)
- Thomas Reeves Critique of Literature in Instructional Technology (PDF)] syllabus. Includes links and guidelines (at the end)
- How to Write a Literature Review (short check list from UCSC)
- The Literature Review A Few Tips On Conducting It, Dena Taylor, Director, Health Sciences Writing Centre and Margaret Procter, Coordinator, Writing Support, University of Toronto.
- Strunk and White (2000). The elements of style (4th edition). Longman. Links to online version available from the wikipedia entry. This is the bible for better style. Very short (105 pages) but full of tips that will greatly improve your writing.
- Morningstar, Chip (1993), How To Deconstruct Almost Anything, My Postmodern Adventure, HTML
- Brereton, Pearl. “A Study of Computing Undergraduates Undertaking a Systematic Literature Review.” IEEE Trans. Education 54 (2011): 558-563.
- Boote and Beile (2005) Scholars Before Researchers: On the Centrality of the Dissertation Literature Review in Research Preparation. Educational Researcher, 34(6) pp. 3-15.
- Jalali, S., & Wohlin, C.. (2012). Systematic literature studies: database searches vs. backward snowballing. ESEM.
- Kruse, Sharon D. (undated) Developing a Comprehensive Literature Review: An Inquiry into Method, PDF Preprint.
- Lavallée, Mathieu; Pierre-N. Robillard, and Reza Mirsalari, Performing Systematic Literature Reviews With Novices: An Iterative Approach. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON EDUCATION, VOL. 57, NO. 3, AUGUST 2014. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6678789
- Good reading for people who have to direct CS students.
- Onwuegbuzie, Anthony J. and Rebecca Frels (2016). Seven Steps to a Comprehensive Literature Review. A Multimodal and Cultural Approach, Abstract
- Petticrew, M. and H. Roberts, Systematic Reviews in the Social Sciences. Malden, MA, USA: Blackwell, 2008. PDF (legitimate copy?)
- Torraco, R.J.. 2005. Writing Integrative Literature Reviews: Guidelines and Examples. Human Resource Development Review, 4 (3), pp 356-367.