Yamaha education suite
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yamaha education suite refers to educational features found in many Yamaha musical keyboards, including "arranger keyboards/workstations" and digital pianos. Bascially, it's a series of keyboard lessons and graded by difficulty to help learning music and piano playing.
2 Features and versions
2.1 Music education topics
- notes and note recognition
- chord recognition and harmony
- Standard MIDI support
- playing left and right hand part separately
- Repeat points
- Grading mechanism
- Built-in songs (a lot in some models)
- Reduce tempo
- Singing (the keyboard sings notes by name)
- Chord dictionary (shows how to play chords)
In addition to education-specific features, Yamaha keyboards have other cognitive tool functionality, such as:
- Styles (auto-accompaniment)
- Display of notation of MIDI tracks
- Release date: 1998
- Features: Chord Dictionary, Smart Chord, and Easy Chord.
- Release date: 2000
- Features: Dictionary mode, Timing mode, Waiting mode, Minus One mode, and Both Hands mode.
- Release date: 2001
- Features: Guide Lights and Singing.
- Release date: 2004
- Features: Repeat and Learn, Tempo.
3.1 Introductions, presentations
- Yamaha Education Suite - Piano Keyboard Lessons for Beginners at know-your-keyboard-piano.com (retrieved oct 1 2011).
3.2 Video demonstrations
- Part 5: Yamaha Keyboard Quick Start Guide - Y.E.S. Yamaha Education Suite by YamahaCanadaMusic on YouTube. (not very interesting)