Web 2.0 publishing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Web publishing or web 2.0 publishing refers to a whole emerging new way of publishing.
- collective writing, .e.g. as it happens on Wikipedia, but also in smaller communities.
- On demand user-side publishing, e.g. with wiki books or the (now dead) SafaryU service from O'Reilly.
- Favors open content, e.g. open educational resources
- Can allow users to comment, e.g. as it was possible in the JiME journal
- Thiruvathukal, George K. (2009). Web 2.0 Publishing and Happy 1.0, Computing Now!, IEEE Computing Now.
- Hendler, Jim (2009). Reinventing Academic Publishing, IEEE Intelligent Systems, September/October 2007, November/December 2007, and January/February 2008, pp. 2–3, [http://www2.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/0509/theme3