From EduTech Wiki
Here are a few resources for sound and simple sound manipulation.
- MIDI, a different code-based way to deliver sound, popular in games, music composition, karaoke, etc.
- Digital music library
- Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
2 Sound textures to download
- The Freesound Project. Good collection of *.wav and *.mp3 sounds and 'good indexing. E.g. start from its Tags cloud or from Search. You will have to register.
- SimplyTheBest.net - Has MP3 sounds. This is a nice site. Ads are not annoying, but you also must register now.
- FlashKit has lots.
- ccmiXter is a community music site featuring remixes licensed under Creative Commons where you can listen to, sample, mash-up, or interact with music in whatever way you want.
- Universal sound bank
See 388-ultimate-list-free-music-elearning-online-education (11/2012).