Rapid e-learning either refers to simple content-based e-learning and its tools or to video-based e-learning or both. It also represents main-stream interactive e-learning made for industry training.
Typical rapid e-learning tools allow to create Scorm-compliant contents, create quizzes, create simple interactive presentations (power points, video recordings or slides with an audio track), capture and annotate user interactions with software.
“Rapid elearning can mean many things. For some it means easy tools that let you build elearning courses without special programming skills. For others, it means being empowered to quickly share your expertise with others. Ultimately, it’s usually about getting the right information to people at the right time while operating at the speed of business.” Articulate.com, retrieved 19:07, 22 October 2012 (CEST).
PC-based Authoring tools
See also: Screencast
- Active Presenter. Quote: “ActivePresenter is a solution for making interactive screencasts, rapidly authoring and maintaining interactive e-learning content” (Oct. 2012)
- Lectora Quote: “Bundled with the leading flash content creation, screen capture, and recording software, Lectora’s powerful authoring tools empower you to quickly create dynamic video and Flash eLearning content.” (June 2011). This tools includes Flypaper, Camtasia and Snagit.
- Snap! An PPT/Articulate-alike by Lectora. $99.
- Articulate Storyline is based on a "powerpoint metaphor". If we understand right, this was formerly a series of software, i.e. Studio, Presenter (PPT to Flash translator), Quizmaker and Engage (content creation).
- Adobe Captivate Quote: “authoring software for rapidly creating and maintaining interactive eLearning content. Import your existing Microsoft PowerPoint content and make it more engaging with rich media, application simulations, branching scenarios, and quizzes.” (June 2011)
- Adobe Connect Quote: “Adobe® Connect™ is a web conferencing platform for web meetings, eLearning, and webinars.” (Oct. 2012)
- RapidIntake ProForm Quote: “is a desktop solution that enables designers of all ability levels to create Flash-based, interactive courses. Novice users simply fill out form-based templates or layout content visually, while advanced users create reusable custom templates by accessing the Flash source code (.fla).” (June 2011).
- Rapitivity offers several packs for creating interactive Flash or HTML to embedded in other tools or directly through SCORM packs. For and example of learning interactions, see http://www.raptivity.com/elearning-product/raptivity-software/html5-starter-pack HTML 5 starter pack]
- iSpring-Suite, a power point extension that adds storyline-like functionality. $ 700 (academics: 40% off) as of June 2016.
... to do
- Seven Top Authoring Tools By Joe Ganci October 12, 2011
- Rapid Authoring Tools (2006) by Tony Karrer. Includes a longer list of tools.
- Rapid E-learning 101 by Articulate.com, , retrieved 19:07, 22 October 2012 (CEST)