- Research in personality ranges from analyses of genetic codes and studies of biological systems to the study of sexual, social, ethnic, and cultural bases of thought, feelings, and behavior. Personality research includes studies of cognitive abilities, interpersonal styles, and emotional reactivity. (The Personality Project)
2 The big Five
See Personality Measures and the Big 5
- Emotional Stability
- Intellect/ Openness to Experience
- Goldberg, L. R. (1990). An alternative "description of personality": The Big Five factor structure. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 59, 1216-1229.
- John, OP. (1990). The "Big Five" factor taxonomy: Dimensions of personality in the natural language and in questionnaires. In LA Pervin (Ed.), Handbook of personality: Theory and research . New York: Guilford.
- Revelle, W. (1995). Personality Processes, Annual Review of Psychology, HTML