Below you will find a selected list of links that will help you keep in touch with news about educational technology and related fields. Most of these have RSS feeds. This wiki has a very different role than most weblogs. Web logs most often promote new ideas and new technology or inform you about latest research. Here, we try to pull things together, but once in while we spend a week going through all the blogs to check if something really hot is missing.
This list is not really complete, but most links should help you keeping in touch - Daniel K. Schneider 13:09, 7 July 2008 (UTC).
2 e-learning and educational technology blogs
Here is a short list of some interesting blogs. Consult the blog rolls of each blog (list of links to other blogs) to find more blogs. Again, this is not a representative list. It includes different kinds of authors and each blog has its own "personality". You choose !
- EdTechDev. Doug Holton's blog, Utah State University. (formerly at blogspot). Doug Holton is assistant professor with the Instructional Technology & Learning Sciences department at Utah State University.
- A poke with a sharp stick. David Carter Tod's blog. He is a instructional technologist.
- 2¢ Worth. David Warlick's Blog. D.W. is an instructional designer/educational technologist and consultant.
- Learning to learn. David M. Kennedy's blog. He is a professor at Hong Kong University.
- E4innovation. Grainne Conole's Blog. She is Professor of e-learning at the Open University.
- eLearningNews. Martin Vögelis blog/forum (in German).
- eLearning Technology. Tony Karrer's blog. He is CEO of an eLearning (and other development) company.
- E-Learning Queen Susan Smith Nash's Blog. She is involved in e-learning and hybrid learning and training at universities, corporations, and not-for-profits.
- elearnspace. George Siemens, Founder and President of Complexive Systems Inc.
- SocialTech. Josie Fraser's Blog. She is UK-based consultant for social & educational technologies.
- Informal Learning Blog. Jay Cross's blog. He has an eLearning/technology company.
- Mohamed Amine Chatti's blog on learning management, knowledge management, communities & networks, knowledge ecology, Web 2.0, social software (social media), personal learning environments. He is a PhD student at Aachen.
- The Ed Techie (formerly here). Martin Weller's Blog. He is a Professor of Educational Technology at the Open University in the UK.
- D'Arcy Norman's Blog. He is an educational technology developer at the University of Calgary
- OLDaily Stephen Downs and friend's News letter.
- Edtechpost. Scott Leslie's blog. He is an educational technology researcher and emerging technology analyst.
- ElearningPost. Maish R Nichani's Blog.
- Adventures in Educational Blogging Susan Sedro's blog. She is a tech coordinator in a Singapore school.
- Learning.Now. At the crossroads of Internet culture & education with Andy Carvin, HiTech consultant.
- Knownet (Graham Attwell ,Wales)
- Steve Hargadon (USA)
#edtech #edutech #elearning #ID #ICT4E #OLPC
See also edutweetups, a directory of higher education tweetups, hashtags, etc.
4 News from larger organizations
- JISC e-Learning Focus. News from the UK Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC). The e-Learning Focus site aims to provide a route into the e-Learning Programme for the wider community.
- News Items from the Commonwealth of learning
- Thot. Nouvelles de la formation à distance. A commercial canadian service (News are free).
5 Social computing, technology and society
- Tim O'Reilly Radar. He is the founder and CEO of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Produces lots of good technical books.
- Data unbound. Raymond Yee's blog. He is a data architect, consultant, trainer. Wrote a book about Web 2.0 mashups.
- Pasta&Vinegar. Nicola Nova's mind/tech bazar from outer space. He is a User Experience researcher at the LIFTlab think tank (and an graduate of TECFA's master in educational technology. (Yes this is an advertisement - DKS).
6 Publications (new articles)
- Educational Research Journals, a table of contents for various educational and psychological journals
- elearning-reviews provides those interested in research on elearning with concise and thoughtful reviews of relevant publications. (RSS feed.
- To post news, any technology like blogs, forums or news engines can do. There exist special "blog farms" like Edublogs.org.