In french: "presse de transfert", "presse thermique", "presse à chaud". In german: transferpresse, hitze presse, textilpresse
We just ordered a Ricoo T538B heat press and will report once it arrives. The model gets decent enough reviews in various places, e.g. the price/quality+functionality relationship seems to be OK.
If you live in Europe, buying in Germany is probably cheaper. E.g. a same model was 300 on the german and 500 on the french Amazon. Most cheaper models seem to have small problems identified in various online reviews. A good German make cannot be found under 600 Euros.
Other models I had a look at: Low end (with hopefully acceptable quality)
- Craftpress $295.00
- Fenta Pink Hobbypress 270 CHF (30 x 23cm swivel model)
- Fenta Pink-Press, 360 CHF
- Krativegewerbe.dh - 38 x 38 cm Swivelling transfer press, 360 Euros (looks like the Ricoo T438)
- Hobbysqueezy, 250 Euros to 400 CHF (30 x 22cm), full opening, but no timer.
- Profisqueezy, 38 x 38cm, 400 Euros
- Ridgeyard 166 Euros (Amazon.fr)
- HobbyCut AA1-S (230 - 280 €), e.g. from airbrush
- Happypress 3. 30 x 21cm, (340 Euros)
- Ricoo Powerdwarf, 300x23 cm, Swivel, 260 Euros
- Ricoo T538-TB (340 €)
- Ricoo T438M (300 to 500 Euros !)
- Secabo TC2 (23 x 33cm), 435 Euros
- Secabo C2 (38 x 38 cm), 350 Euros
- Secabo TC5 (38 x 38), 610 Euros.
- Hotronix Digital Clam, $950$
- Heat Press (Wikipedia)
- Heat transfer vinyl (Wikipedia)
- Dye-sublimation printer (Wikipedia)
- Transfer paper