A gradebook or grade book is a paper or electronic tool that allows to manage student grades. A good gradebook allows to enter various grading rubrics using different performance criteria, evaluation scales and aggregation formula.
According to Wikipedia, “ann electronic grade book is a teacher's online record of their students' lessons, assignments, progress and grades. An electronic grade book interfaces with a student information system which houses a school district's student records including grades, attendance medical records, transcripts, student schedules and other data. Some electronic grade books make grades, homework and student schedules available online to parents and students.” (retrieved nov. 1 2011).
2 Software list
Ideally, gradebook software should both integrate with other services, such as learning management systems, School management systems and student information systems.
(needs to be completed)
2.1 Online services
(not complete at all)
- LearnBoost includes a gradebook, lesson planner, attendance, reporting and calendar.
- Scantron has some product
- QuickSchools is an online school management service that includes a grade book tool.
- SmarterGrade s an all-in-one teacher gradebook solution.
2.2 LMS modules
- Blackboard includes a grading tool that allow the teacher to use grading rubrics (forms).
- Moodle 1.x includes a fairly simple gradebook, Moodle 2.x offers more advanced functionalities
- Electronic grade book (stub as of oct. 2011).
- Grade Books (short how-to plus links for Excel-based gradebooks)
- Teacher Tools: Gradebooks by Steve Wood - November 22, 1999. Includes a list of software for Mac computers (probably some software doesn't exist anymore or changed names)
- teachertipstraining.suite101.com/article.cfm/pros_and_cons_of_electronic_grade_books - Pros and Cons of Electronic Grade Books
- How to Configure and Use the Moodle Grade Book
- Stalljohann, P.; Schroeder, U.; , "A Portal-Based Gradebook - DAG-Based Definition of Assessment Criteria in Higher Education," Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2010 IEEE 10th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.58-60, 5-7 July 2010. doi:10.1109/ICALT.2010.23