Jump to navigation Jump to search
- “The Friend of a Friend (FOAF) project is creating a Web of machine-readable pages describing people, the links between them and the things they create and do.” (, retrieved 15:29, 23 October 2006 (MEST))
- FOAF is social software based on W3C's RDF technology, i.e. ot is an RDF vocabulary for expressing metadata about people, and their interests, relationships and activities.
- Official FOAF Sites
- FOAF Home Page for more technically minded people]
- FOAF tools
- on-line FOAF creators
- foaf-a-matic (simple FOAF code generator through an HTML form that you then can copy/paste). This site seems to have died (sometimes in nov 2006)
- foaf-a-matic (copy)
- The standard
- FOAF Vocabulary Specification (original version June 2000, ongoing) Dan Brickley, Libby Miller
- Li Ding et al., "How the Semantic Web is Being Used:An Analysis of FOAF Documents", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on System Sciences, January 2005, 2595 downloads. Abstract / PDF
- Lapique, Francis, SPARQL, langage et protocole d'interrogation de métadonnées, Flash Informatique (FI), Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, FI 9/06. HTML. (Shows how to query FOAF files with SPARQL).
- Li Ding et al., "Analyzing Social Networks on the Semantic Web", Article, IEEE Intelligent Systems, January 2005, 1810 downloads. Abstract / PDF
- Dodds, Leigh, An introduction to FOAF, FOAF Project Web Site, HTML, retrieved 15:29, 23 October 2006 (MEST).
- Graves, Mike, Adam Constabaris and Dan Brickley. FOAF: Connecting People on the Semantic Web. Cataloging and Classification Quarterly. Special Issue: Knitting the Semantic Web, vol. 43, n. 3/4 (ISSN: 01639374) [Forthcoming, 2006]