Jump to navigation Jump to search
Edu-portfolio, is a learning e-portfolio created by Professor Thierry Karsenti and his collaborators at the Université de Montréal. Edu-portfolio.org is free for learners and educators at all levels for non-profit use.
According to Edu-portfolio.org, the system has the following features:
- User-friendlyness. Its affordable for a large audience and updating of information is simple process.
- Flexiblity: Edu-portfolio.org can be used in kindergartens as well as in universities. This tool can be used by just about anybody in the education community.
- Variety of content: Users can add almost a dozen different file types : text, images, audio files, video files, presentations, hyperlinks, and more. File types are automatically identified by icons displayed next to the submitted document.
- Interactivity: Porfolio owners can interact with either email our a commenting function
- Information exchange: RSS feeds support.
- Simplified information search: Integrated search engine
- Organization of contents: automatic generateration of an index (i.e. table of contents) of a portfolio's visible content.
- Visual appeal: A wide range of presentation models is supported.
- Permission system: Public, protected (password accessible to groups) and archived content (personal)
- Transportable: Portfolio owners can go online and download their entire portfolio onto a USB drive, CD-ROM or other device, and present it offline.
- Socioconstructivist potential: Edu-portfolio.org was developed with a sociocontructivist perspective and therefore implements sharing features
- Educator interface: Educators will be able to create a portfolio for each of their students with just a few clicks and, access all of them on one Webpage, and more. (not yet publicly accessible)