The eXe project is developing an open source authoring application to assist teachers and academics in the publishing of web content without the need to be proficient in HTML or XML markup. eXe can export content as self-contained web pages or as SCORM 1.2 or IMS Content Packages that can be imported and deployed within compatible learning management systems.
The eXe project and eXeLearning began with a collaboration between the New Zealand government and the University of Auckland and Auckland University of Technology and has since been further developed or supported by several European institutes. As of 2012 eXe has been mainly developed and distributed by a team of developers and volunteers at the Spanish Ministry of education, culture and professional development (MECD). The latest versions are available at eXeLearning.net
Manuals and tutorials
- Full guides in PDF format
- Full guide made with eXe in both eXe and HTML formats.
- eXe tutorial made with eXe (what else)
- Older help documentation
- eXe Authoring project on-line manual
- eXe (french version, pour une fois elle est nettement meilleure et contient un mode d'emploi !)
- eXe Introduction in German (made with eXe)
- eXe literature in German
Downloads and installation
eXeLearning is a browser-based application that runs with
- eXe downloads come with an installer for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- eXe Old/dead project Home page and free download of version pre-2012(win, mac, unix, source)
- Examples made with eXe