“Civic technology - technology (mainly information technology) that’s spurring civic engagement to participate in public good development, enhancing citizen communications, improving government infrastructure, or generally making national and local governments more effective. It encompasses civic applications, platforms supporting government bodies and institutions and other software enabling those goals.” (Wikipedia, Aug 19, 2014)
- Some Citizen science software, in particular crowd sourcing application, could be used for various purposes. E.g. see the Excites projects
- Google Civic Information API
- Pulling back the curtain on civic tech, Dec. 4, 2013, 9:04 a.m., Posted by Jonathan Sotsky, The Knight Blog.
- The Emergence of Civic Tech: Investments in a Growing Field. Knight Foundation, 2013.
- Huffington Post's Civic tech entries
- Promoting civic innovation through technology (Google's plans)
- The Governance Lab @ NYU.