Cartoon animation software
Cartoon animation software should allow a user to produce cartoon-like movies in various ways.
We define cartoon animation software as some kind of specialized multimedia animation software that should be rather easy to use.
Animation software seems to be commercial. For a full version expect to pay a few 100 / year.
2 List of software
(unsorted, not complete !)
2.1 Easy cartoon production using built-in characters
- Vyond, formerly (GoAnimate) commercial online tool, free trial.
- NaWal, (formerly Xtranormal), commercial desktop movie maker running on Windows. Educational version, pricing from 10$/month.
- Animiz commercial cartoon animation software for windows. A free limited watermarked version exists.
- Animaker, A free 2min limited watermarked version exists.
(to be sorted, some of these actually may not be what we would call cartoon animation software ...)
- Crazytalk Animator
- ToonBoom offers Harmony and StoryBoard Pro to create animations
- Pencil Animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics. Pencil is free and open source.
- iKit Movie
- Anime Studio
- Web Cartoon Maker, standalone free desktop application, reguires programming skills to animate objects.
- PowToon, expensive animated slides creator, 3day trial version ($16/month min.)
- Flash Animation (Wikipedia) includes pointers to Flash (swf) based or producing software.
- Best 2D Animation Software of 2018
- 10 best cartoon making software for PC (Oct 2017)