Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
For the moment, please consult the following Wikipedia articles
2 Software engineering and educational technology
Why do we need this ?
- Software enginneering provides us with two rough categories of methods that are needed to develop educational software:
- Models for development (i.e. global design methodology)
- Models for computer programming.
- In educational technology there are similar debats around the merits of "waterfall top-down" methods v.s "agile" iterative methods and compromises.
- Software engineering did develop analysis and evaluation methodology that can be useful. E.g. UML/Use case analysis.
- A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement, arry W. Boehm, TRW Defense Systems Group
- Stop More Bugs with our Code Review Checklist, Blog post, January 8th, 2015 by Gareth Wilson