See the Wikipedia article for the moment ...
Consult ecmascript.org for news.
- ECMA-262 ECMAScript Language Specification 3rd edition (E262-3) (December 1999)
- E262-3 at Mozilla.org
- Standard ECMA-357, ECMAScript for XML (E4X) Specification, 2nd edition (December 2005)
- This is a new standard that isn't very much implemented yet.
- Under preparation
- ECMAScript 3.1 (early 2009) ?
- See ECMAScript Harmony for a discussion
- Failed standards
- ECMAScript Harmony
- Ru Roh! Adobe Screwed By EcmaScript Standards Agreement (Hank Williams, Aug 2008).
- The Mozilla documentation:
Daniel K. Schneider doesn't know how good a various implementations are. Probably none is 100% correct ECMA-357-3. On the other hand, most 2008 browsers (IE7, FF2, Opera 9, etc.) implement ECMA-357 reasonably well. The trouble is DOM, i.e. DOM level 2 and 3 HTML and XML bindings.
- language overview whitepaper (oct 2007)
- Fremantle, Paul and Anthony Elder (1005). AJAX and scripting Web services with E4X, Part 1, IBM Works, HTML
- E4X Tutorial, W3Schools.
- Introducing E4X (by Kurt Cagle, xml.com, nov 2007)