EduTechWiki is about Educational Technology (instructional technology) and related fields. It is hosted by TECFA - an educational technology research and teaching unit at University of Geneva.
It is a resource kit for educational technology teaching and research, e.g. a note taking tool for researchers; a literature review tool or a writing-to-learn environment for students. It also includes some (technical) tutorials that may be used in classes around the world or for self-learning.
Many articles also can be useful to teachers, instructional designers and e-learning consultants. Read more about our objectives.
EduTechWiki currently contains 1,957 articles. The french version has different contents and includes many contributions from our own students. Send questions to Daniel K. Schneider (he "owns" this wiki and is to blame for most contents). Other major contributors are/were Kalli Benetos, Marielle Lange, Stéphane Lattion, Students of Elizabeth Murphy. We also get occasional help from other people, thanx to you all !
This wiki is a long term project: Most articles still lack content, depth, style, authority or all four together and will be improved over the years. We also use the wiki as an e-learning platform (mostly the french version).
- Anybody is welcome to participate. Because of heavy spamming attemps in the past, account creation is subject to review. You may sign your contributions and express opinions. This is not Wikipedia. We also very much appreciate people fixing little mistakes (spelling, grammar, references,...) !
- Other university teachers may bring classes to EduTechWiki for writing activities (please read this if you plan to do so).
- If you are new to wiki technology, please browse through help and then make some tests in our SandBox.
Subscribe to the Atom or RSS feed for Daniel K. Schneider's wikilog/bliki. If you are interested in Mediawiki blikis, there is some help. Special:Wikilog/Blog:DKS/Template:WikilogTemplate1/5
- Certificat en conception et développement de projets e-learning
- Master of Science in Learning and Teaching Technologies (in french)
- Courses and workshops
- COAP-2170 (Web usability/accessibility)
- Atelier SMW - Mons 2013 -->
- The french wiki has more
(more to come)
- Educational technology, the field
- The big picture (categories, statistics)
- Essential reading
- News links (keep in touch)
- Educational technology
- Learning and teaching
- Learning theory
- Pedagogic strategy
- Instructional design
- Instructional design model
- Project-oriented learning
- Educational design language
- Article collections
- Wiki books (experimental)