Content Re-Engineering Tool
Update: Links below are dead and I am not going to fix them - 12:02, 14 March 2011 (CET)
The Telcert Content Re-Engineering Tool (CRT) is a spin-off from the Reload Editor.
We didn't have the occasion to test this (Daniel K. Schneider 18:21, 26 March 2007 (MEST)). When we looked at this, the situation was the following: On the CRT download page (2006-08-25, CRT v2.3.6) you can read:
Formerly known as "Reload CRT", this specific version coming from Telcert project is more powerful than Reload, especially it is possible to :
- edit every kind of schema files and especially application profiles build with Schemaprof and STT.
- update from one schema to on another (using XSL).
- Support Scorm 2004, IMS VDEX...
But since that date you also can download Reload v 2.5.4 that does include support for MD 1.2.4, IMS CP 1.1.4 and SCORM 2004 (3rd edition) specifications. Without any sort of testing, Daniel K. Schneider has the impression that the remaining difference might be:
- Support in CRT for other schema files and XSLT transformations from from one schema to another, for IMS VDEX, for some ePortfolios.
- The latest Reload editor seems to be better in SCORM 2004 support (3rd edition). At least it got more menu items to add sequencing rules ....
- Home page (including downloads)