< COAP:COAP-2180Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:14, 4 April 2017 by Daniel K. Schneider (talk | contribs) (→Report structure)
1 Grading forms and grading scale
I usually use a 4-point grading scale system and compute a final score using the weighted means at the end of the class.
2 Report structure
Feel free to organize your report in any way you like. However, try to be "academic", i.e. discuss design issues as opposed to "telling the teacher"...
Reports typically could include the following kind of information:
- Name, homework number, date, etc.
- Objectives: E.g. who is your target population (authors, readers)? What are they supposed to do with your "product"?, ....
- Design decisions (if appropriate) or critique (if you have to use an existing schema)
- Explanation and discussion of your design
- Design and implementation of your visual design (less important)
- Short "how you did it"
- Problems you encountered
You can use any format for the report (e.g. HTML, PDF or Word).
3 Grading Scale
I will use this to compute your grade at the end of the course
Letter Scale US scale A+ 4.0 Excellent 100.00 A 3.8 Very good 92.00 A- 3.5 Almost very good 89.00
B+ 3.1 Pretty good 85.00 B 2.8 Good 82.00 B- 2.5 Reasonably good 79.00
C+ 2.1 Fair 75.00 C 1.8 Rather weak / minim. 72.00 C- 1.5 Minimalist / Weak 69.00
D+ 1.1 65.00 D 0.8 Pass 62.00
F 0.7 Fail 61.00
4 Final grade
Exams: 20 + 20 = 40% Homework (best four) = 40% Term project = 10% Participation = 10%