(Video game, Wikipedia, retrieved 15 April 2008)
This is just a short overview page.
Related overview pages in this wiki of interest to educational technology:
- Computer game (See this article for a few ideas on educational use)
- MMORPGs, a desktop virtual reality form of virtual environments do have some educational potential, i.e. to create virtual habitats or to simulate 3D animations.
- Simulation and gaming (mostly computer-assisted role playing)
- Nintendo Wii (its controllers can be hooked up to other hardware)
Articles about games in this wiki:
- Neverwinter Nights (its game engine has been used to create small educational applications)