For the moment, please consult the following Wikipedia articles
2 Software engineering and educational technology
Why do we need this ?
- Software enginneering provides us with two rough categories of methods that are needed to develop educational software:
- Models for development (i.e. global design methodology)
- Models for computer programming.
- In educational technology there are similar debats around the merits of "waterfall top-down" methods v.s "agile" iterative methods and compromises.
- Software engineering did develop analysis and evaluation methodology that can be useful. E.g. UML/Use case analysis.
- A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement, arry W. Boehm, TRW Defense Systems Group
- Stop More Bugs with our Code Review Checklist, Blog post, January 8th, 2015 by Gareth Wilson