Metacognitive literacy/CRESST metacognitive questionnaire 1998
The questionnaire also called attitudal questionnaire is described in . It was administered after a learning activity where participants had to draw concept maps.
It is joined with an evaluation rubric for a schema questionnaire (i.e. that asked students questions about concept mapping and a series of concept maps).
Directions: A number of statements which people have used to describe themselves are given below. Read each statement and decide how you thought or felt while you were creating your concept maps. Circle the number which best describes you.
4-point scale: Not at all, Somewhat, Pretty much so, Very much so
1. I checked my work while I was doing it.
2. When completing the task, I tried more than one way to do it.
3. I tried to understand the goals of the assignment before I tried to complete it.
4. I went over my answers.
5. I selected and organized relevant information to complete the assignment.
6. I tried to figure out what the task required.
7. As I worked through the assignment, I asked myself how well I was doing.
8. I thought through the meaning of the assignment before I began to complete it.
9. I made sure I understood just what had to be done and how to do it.
10. I corrected my errors.
11. When completing the task, I translated the task into a different form.
12. I determined how to complete the task.
13. As I did the assignment, I asked myself questions to stay on track.
14. I tried to discover the main ideas.
15. I tried to understand the assignment before I tried to complete it.
16. I asked myself how the task related to what I already knew.
17. When completing the assignment, I tried to make everything fit together.
- Davina C. D. Klein (1998). Õve Seen This Before? The Effects of Self-Monitoring and Multiple Context Instruction on Knowledge Representation and Transfer Among Middle School Students, CSE Technical Report 466, National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST) University of California, Los Angeles