1 Week 8 - COAP 3180
1.1 Term project presentation
- See term project page
- Final lecture, reminder of the most important subjects addressed etc.
1.3 Final exam
- The exam will be a paper exam with MCQ's, open questions, code repair and completion, etc.
- Open book (any resource you like including the Internet)
(1) High level web application principles
- Simple web application architectures (tiers)
- Kinds of databases
(2) Practical know how
- Using web services to create "mini-databases"
- Using widgets
- Creating simple HTML Web Forms
- Using a WAMP server (Mowes)
- CMS/CMF installation and configuration
- Database administration with PHPMyAdmin
- Simple reuse of PHP code, i.e. you may be asked to change "parameters"
- SELECT ... WHERE, INSERT ... ORDER
- Joins (select from two tables)
- Data types: Integer, Float, VarChar, text
- DEFAULT, NOT NULL, Auto increment
- Primary keys
- Foreign keys
- INSERT (both forms)
- UPDATE / DELETE
(4) Relational database design:
- Simple 2-3 table architectures
- 1 to N and N to N relations between tables
- Be able to read a diagram that summarizes table fields and shows relations (as in the Wordpress installation and configuration example).
- Be able to edit/fix well-formed XML files
- XSLT: Simple use of templates (definition and applying), html page generation
- Simple use of XPath expressions (finding nodes and attributes, extracting text, identifying a position). XPath is used both by XSLT and XQuery.
- XQuery: Simple FLOWR expressions, html page generation
(6) Identity and authentication (high-level principles)
- PHP programming, e.g. writing for loops and other algorithms
- XSLT and XQuery functions and other more advanced programming constructs