Flash animation and interactivity example problems
This article or section is incomplete and its contents need further attention. Some sections may be missing, some information may be wrong, spelling and grammar may have to be improved etc. Use your judgment!
- Page created by Daniel K. Schneider, 22 February 2010
- Last modified by Daniel K. Schneider, 25 April 2010
This is part of the flash tutorials
- Learning goals
- Test your knowledge in simple animation, embedded movie clips and interactivity
- Flash animation summary
- Flash component button tutorial
- Flash embedded movie clip tutorial
- Some ActionScript, e.g. ActionScript 3 interactive objects tutorial to understand the examples towards the end.
- Moving on
- The Flash tutorials index has a list of other tutorials.
- Level and target population
- It aims at beginning Flash designers. Embedded movie clips are used in various other tutorials, but here we explain it a bit more systematically.
- This text should technical people get going and may not be good enough for self-learning beginners. It can be used as handout in a "hands-on" class. That is what Daniel K. Schneider made it for...
Look at a possible solution first:
Solve the following problems:
- Frame 1 (home): Buttons should not lead you to frame 1 (home), but to the various other keyframes. Also add your name.
- Frame 2 (Sailing): (a) Play the tween animation of boat with the 'what's going on here' button. (b) BONUS Point: Create and play a motion animation of a plane.
- Frame 3 (Driving): (a) Create an animation that will start moving the car from right to left and slightly forward too (i.e. keep it on the road). To animate the car edit the 'old car' symbol and make it a motion tween. Then link it to the what's going on here button (b) BONUS Point: Do something with the yellow car.
- Frame 4 (Island): (a) Make the trees visible when the user clicks on the what's going on button. (b) BONUS point: Improve the frame-by-frame animation of the big tree.
- Frame 5 (Rocket): (a) Write code that will launch the rocket. (b) BONUS: Do something with the snakes
Tip: For starters, you can navigate with the little button on top right. Do not edit layer one !
Now get the incomplete *.fla source file from here:
Instructions are also inside the *.fla file (play it):
- Source *.fla: action-script-button-anim-solution.fla
- HTML+SWF: action-script-button-anim-solution.html
- Directory: http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/flash/ex/action-script-3-intro/
This workthrough example has instructions embedded inside the fla file
- Alternatively also may download the screen copies and that include the instructions (PDF)
- Get final-coap2110-2008.fla
- Look at a possible solution: