EXist XML database
eXist is an XML database, retrieval engine and portalware. Features: XQuery, XUpdate, XML:DB API, xml-rpc support, REST support, WebDav, PHP API (needs dowloading from CVS), good Cocoon Integration, etc
(not tested !)
- XML_DB_eXist provides an OO-interface for easily retrieving and modifying data with PHP5 in an eXist database
- Phexist, another PHP library.
- eXist home page. Documentation and download links.
- The only documentation we found are available through the eXist home page. As of nov 2007, the documentation wiki is dead (because of spam). Not sure when it will be back ...
2.2 Tutorials and introductions
Couldn't find much information on the web. Some is probably outdated - 19:31, 2 December 2007 (MET).
Wolfgang Meier (2006). In: Akmal B. Chaudri, Mario Jeckle, Erhard Rahm, Rainer Unland (Eds.): Web, Web-Services, and Database Systems. NODe 2002 Web- and Database-Related Workshops, Erfurt, Germany, October 2002. Springer LNCS Series, 2593.
- I Think, Therefore I eXist ..., by by Kurt Cagle (2006), XML.com
- Managing XML data: eXist -- an open source native XML database by E.R Harold (2005), IBM developer works.
- Application of XML Access Information Systems. Development with XQuery and eXist by Chris Wallace (2006). Some PPT slides ....
2.3 XQuery sandboxes
- orbeon eXist Sandbox. You can perform Insert, Query and Delete operations through a REST API.