1 Week 4 - Monday COAP 2110
Theme: Basic interactivity
- Introduction to buttons and some ActionScript
- Topics: Button frame-by-frame animation, customizing buttons, creating your own buttons, creating buttons from bitmaps, etc.
- Previews: Simple slide show, Rocket launcher, Menus with buttons, Image maps with pictures, Buttons with animation
- Handout: Flash button tutorial
- Rocket example: flash-cs6-rocket-launcher-as3.fla
- Using component buttons (easier than "Flash" buttons)
- Creating slide shows (timeline navigation) with buttons
- Previews: Menus with buttons, Slide show with component button menu
- Simple menu-based fla code: flash-cs3-simple-slide-show-menu-fewcode.fla
- Handout: Flash component button tutorial
3 Homework 4
For those who already turned in 3 homework and wish to have a break: I suggest skipping this one. I will not test button creation in the final. Do homework 5 which is more important.
- Create a really complex button and that includes well done graphics and/or animations.
- In addition, create one minor variant of the same button. To do so: duplicate then rename the button you created first (right-click in the library).
- Try to produce nice graphics. I will grade the artwork a bit tougher than for homework 2 !
- Reuse of prior homework
- If you wish you can use your previous homework (in any way you like), e.g. include each animation as swf file in a different frame. But this is by no means an obligation nor does it have an influence on grading.
- Submission date and format
- To be returned by Monday, at start of week 6 lesson
- Use the following Flash file name project4-familyname-firstname.fla, e.g.
- ... I must be able to distinguish these files and we want to avoid overwriting.
- Other constraints
- Reuse of objects: 1/3 must be drawn by yourself, max. 1/3 imported but customized, max. 1/3 imported as is. (So you also can do everything by yourself).
- You must fill in a document description using the same template as in homework 1.
- Homework projects are individual. If you work with others, make sure that the individual projects differ, i.e. the "reuse of objects" criteria above apply.
- If you reuse old homework, make sure that certain errors are fixed (e.g. use only a single non-editable object in a motion tween)
- Evaluation criteria
Same as before (including late submission policy). You can examine the grading rubric in the world classroom.
- The document description
Your p4-xxx-xxx.fla file must include a document description.
- Enter a title and description
- See the template
4 Homework 5
- It is due on Monday week 6
- See the Week 5 program