This is just an entry for test the Wikilog extension in this wiki. I also includes the old short news. Read on ... :)
“A bliki is a web based collaboration and publishing system that marries the concepts and benefits of a blog based publishing software and a wiki based collaboration system.” (Blog + Wiki = Bliki, retrieved 19:20, 25 June 2009 (UTC)).
“A bliki (also known as a wikiLog, wog, wikiWeblog, wikiblog, or bloki), is combination of the two Internet concepts of a blog and wiki. It combines features from both: as with blogs, posts or articles appear in reverse chronological order on the front page, with the most recent one at the top; but editing is done in wiki style, with a version history for each page and special markup tags. As with wikis, the fact that a site is a bliki does not mean that any reader can edit any page; editing permission is at the discretion of the administrator(s)”. (Wikipedia, retrieved 19:20, 25 June 2009 (UTC)).
2 Blikis on mediawikis
This wiki includes a bliki system.
Installing this extensions is easy
- Get the code
- Define a template for transclusion of blog entries to other pages if you wish
3 Old News
- April 2009. Upgraded to Mediawiki 1.27.4 (3aae510). Added the book collection extension made by PediaPress.com. Please don't abuse this feature and consider buying a book from this friendly company. I may remove this extension again until we get a much faster server. Creating a large book really puts a big strain on the CPU (load averages above 10).
- Sept. 27 2008. Added a file cache and re-enabled the guestbook with a captcha spam protection. If the file cache will act strangly I'll remove it again.
- September 4 2008. Moved edutechwiki to another machine to make it a bit faster. Upgraded to Mediawiki 1.13.
- June 2008. EduTech Wiki - an all-in-one solution to support whole scholarship? (PDF), a best practice paper for EdMedia 2008. There are also slides (PPT). This is my first paper about EduTech Wiki :) - DKS 19 June 2008.
- March 2008: Upgrade to MW 1.12, more extensions added, e.g. "who is online", Graphviz, Edit Warning.
- September 19 2007: Upgrade to MediaWiki 1.11, fixed SVGViz to work with this version, removed the Java visualization (it was getting too big), added "Print as PDF" and some more extensions.
- What other say. Spent 2-3 hours on looking at links and Google statistics about this place - DKS 8 December 2007
- September 2007: New version of SVGViz. I also started using this wiki to write tutorials (e.g. Flash tutorials).
- July 5 2007: Minor updates of SVGViz and JavaViz extensions (UTF-8 titles and DB prefixes fixed).
- June 28 2007. Added a trail on top of each page. Works if a user is logged in (hopefully this is not too much resource gobbling).
- June 25 2007. Romain finished the Beta 2 version of the Mediawiki SvGViz extension (follow this link for more information).
- ICOOL 2007, June 11-14 - I prepared my stuff with this note taking tool - DKS
- June 1 2007. Upgrade to 1.10.0
- May 2007. Again Lamericaana's students contributed. Thanx :) How about calling her course "foreign language teaching 2.0" ?
- Spring 2007. Several new users got a login and fixed mistakes (grammar and others). Thanx to all of you :)
- June 6 - Beta version of SVG links visualization (see Visualize this article with SVG in the toolbox to your left. Needs Firefox (or IE6 with Adobe SVG plugin, IE7 may be trouble).
- April 11 2007: Upgraded to version 1.9.3, added a simple quiz to account creation, killed all users that never edited a page.
- March 28 2007: Added a Logo and link to our Master in Educational Technology (in french).
- March 2007: Romain Sauvain is working on a new links visualization module in SVG. A first version (that uses Urs' webservice) is here. Admire the beauty of links! Works with Firefox or IE with an SVG plugin.
- Feb 15 2007: Killed the squid server. There is some weird interaction with templates since the last upgrade
- Feb 2007: EduTech Wiki is one year old, happy birthday !
- December 2006: Sarah Guth's advanced level English course at the University of Padua contributed. Thanx !
- December 12: Modèles, méthodes, normes et outils de ingénierie pédagogique (Séminaire, Université de Mons - Programme provisoire)
- May 30 2006: Instructional Design Models and Methods (PDF)
- June 6 2006: Talk "Les Wikis dans l'éducation et la formation" à Lyon I PDF ou HTML.
- February 2006: Start of edutechwiki.