Server change and upgrade
I moved this and our other wikis to new hardware with fresh software and upgraded most everything that was not freshly installed. There may be some problems that I will fix over the next few days or weeks.
- Versions: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Php 5.5.9, MediaWiki 1.24.x
- The hardware is a DELL PowerEdge R815, 2x AMD Opteron 6320, 8C, 2.8GHz, 8M L2/16M L3, 128GB RAM, PERC H700 Raid Controller, 4 500GB, SATA, 2.5-in, 7.2K RPM Drives. It runs our MediaWikis and supporting software and nothing else. We bought the machine last summer, but it took time to install because I wanted to do it myself in order to keep a handle on how such things are done ;)
- Mediawiki installation (installation notes for people who plan to install their own)
- I also enabled the visual editor. Depending on what kind of content you edit, pick either
Edit(for visual editing),
Edit source(for precision work) or
Edit form(semantic forms associated with a page).