- Page created by Widged, 17 November 2007
- Contributors: Widged x10, Daniel K. Schneider x6
- Last modified by Daniel K. Schneider, 29 September 2010
“Adobe Integrated Runtime, also known as Adobe AIR, codenamed and originally called Apollo, is a cross-OS runtime environment for building Rich Internet Applications, using Flash, Flex, HTML and Ajax, that can be deployed as a desktop application.” (Wikipedia, retrieved 19:33, 17 November 2007 (GMT0)).
AIR Development frameworks
AIR applications can be developed with a variety of tools, in particular:
- ActionsScript/Flex using Adobe Flash Builder (formerly called Adobe Flex Builder
- Adobe Flash CS5 (select Adobe Air 2 as publishing format
- Adobe RoboHelp
See Adobe's AIR development tools for an updated list.
- AIR developer center for Flex
- AIR documentation @ Adobe labs
- Develop AIR with Flash @ Adobe labs