ASK Learning Designer Toolkit (ASK-LDT)
ASK-LDT is a stand alone application for Microsoft Windows OS and it facilitates creation of Templates for Educational Design and Educational Scenarios based on the interconnection of Learning Activities following the IMS Learning Design Specification (IMS LD). ASK-LDT also supports packaging of Learning Activities along with related learning resources by incorporating a content packaging module conformant with IMS Content Packaging Specification (IMS CP).
Customized versions of ASK-LDT has been used by: a) 5 Science Education Pedagogical Designers in COSMOS Portal for designing Generic Science Education Pedagogical Templates b) 650 Science Education Teachers in COSMOS Portal for developing Science Education Scenarios based on Reference Generic Science Education Pedagogical Templates c) 60 Language Learning Trainers in Mobile2Learn Portal for developing Mobile Training Courses based on reference Generic Mobile Training Course Templates (suitable for Language Learning) and d) 70 Disabled People Trainers in eAccess2Learn Portal for developing eTraining Courses based on reference Generic eTraining Course Templates (suitable for Disabled People Training. ASK-LDT is available for download from the links below:
- COSMOS Portal [Registered Users]
- Mobile2Learn Portal [Registered Users]
- eAccess2Learn Portal [Registered Users]
2 Related References
1. D. Sampson and P. Zervas, "Supporting Accessible Technology-Enhanced Training: The eAccess2Learn Framework", IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT) , (accepted for publication), January 2011
2. D. Sampson, P. Karampiperis and P. Zervas, "Authoring Web-based Learning Scenarios based on the IMS Learning Design: Preliminary Evaluation of the ASK Learning Designer Toolkit", in Proc. of the 4th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Sytems and Applications (AICCSA-06), pp.217, Dubai/Sharjah, UAE, March 2006
3. D. Sampson, P. Karampiperis and P. Zervas, "Developing Web-Based Learning Scenarios Authoring Environment using the IMS Learning Design: the ASK-LDT Environment", in Mike Dean, Yuanbo Guo, Woochun Jun, Roland Kaschek, Shonali Krishnaswamy, Zhengxiang Pan, Quan Z. Sheng (Eds.), Web Information Systems Engineering, Proceedings of the WISE 2005 International Workshops, New York, USA, November 20-22, 2005, Series Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 3807, ISBN: 3-540-30018-X, pp. 104 - 113, Springer-Verlag, November 2005.
4. D. Sampson, P. Karampiperis and P. Zervas, "ASK-LDT: A Web-Based Learning Scenarios Authoring Environment based on IMS Learning Design", International Journal on Advanced Technology for Learning (ATL) (ISSN 1710-2251), vol. 2(4), pp. 207-215, ACTA Press, October 2005